Back in October, Prevention magazine came out with its list of top 10 most addictive foods. Pretty obvious but sometimes we need to be reminded.
10. White Bread (all bread should be thrown into this category, as far as I'm concerned)
9. Doughnuts - all that sugar stimulates dopamine "happy" hormone to keep you coming back for more.
8. Pasta - very, very little goes a long, long way to drive up your insulin.
7. Cake (muffins, including those "healthy" bran muffins, should be included in this category)
5. Cookies- the sight and smell of these freshly baked morsels are enough to elicit a dopamine response.
4. Chocolate (the real stuff, not the mass produced shit) - behavioral, emotional and physical responses to chocolate are akin to those of drug addicts to their drugs.
3. French fries - these salty, fatty, sugary carcinogens are as addicting as they come due to the way they are made. Enjoy.
2. Candy - more sugar with a nostalgic twist to hook you every time.
1. Ice Cream (actually, I thought #1 would be peanut butter. Maybe it's just my most addictive food.) - according to Prevention magazine, this is the most addictive treat.
Read more: http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/food-addiction-most-addictive-foods/4-chocolate#ixzz2Kyvddel8